- 1The quality of being short-sighted: he wore spectacles to correct a mild degree of myopiaMore example sentences
- Astigmatism may occur with myopia or hyperopia.
- Apart from testing the eye, they supply booklets detailing eye care with particular reference to refractive errors such as myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism.
- The Romans considered myopia a permanent defect that reduced the market value of a slave.
- 1.1Lack of foresight or intellectual insight: the company’s corporate myopiaMore example sentences
- The Register reports another example of corporate myopia.
- It reeks of the typical psychology and myopia of the supposed intellectually and militarily powerful.
- The result is a sort of national and cultural myopia.
early 18th century: modern Latin, from late Greek muōpia, from Greek muōps (see myope).
More definitions of myopiaDefinition of myopia in:
- The US English dictionary