- 1Short-sighted: most myopic children can be fitted with glasses to correct their visionMore example sentences
- Approximately 62 million people in the United States are myopic (ie, nearsighted) and require eyeglasses or contact lenses for vision correction.
- And of the 5,000 children who turned up at eye clinics for further checks, about half were mildly myopic or shortsighted.
- Retinal degeneration is more common in myopic eyes but it's not exactly related to macular degeneration.
- 1.1Lacking foresight or intellectual insight: the government still has a myopic attitude to public spendingMore example sentences
- Originally they were portrayed as boring, myopic bean counters completely lacking in foresight or creativity.
- Such notions are myopic and without foresight.
- After all, why should the majority suffer for the myopic attitude of a minority, she asks.
- More example sentences
- A man in a tattered suit, involved, myopically, in some elementary task, despite being surrounded by silent indifference.
- We are myopically focused in one area, which lets us manage the political risk more effectively.
- By late morning he stood on high ground bordering Styal Woods, looking back myopically over the gently undulating farmland.