noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A fibrous protein which forms (together with actin) the contractile filaments of muscle cells and is also involved in motion in other types of cell.More example sentences
- Muscle is composed of mainly three types of protein filaments: myosin, actin, and titin.
- In a contracting muscle myosin and actin filaments slide past each other as the muscle fiber shortens.
- Muscle contraction is dependent on two proteins, actin and myosin.
More definitions of myosinDefinition of myosin in:
- The US English dictionary