An insectivorous bat with a slender muzzle and with the flight membrane extending between the hind legs and the tip of the tail.
- Genus Myotis, family Vespertilionidae: numerous species
More example sentences
- We never observed the raccoon take an Indiana myotis, but predation was the likely intent, given that raccoons are known predators on bats.
- Diets of little brown myotis and eastern pipistrelles were highly diverse.
- We have been pleased to note sustained growth in population numbers of both the cave myotis and the endangered lesser long-nosed bat.
modern Latin, based on Greek mus, mu- 'mouse'.
Definition of myotis in:
- The US English dictionary