pronoun[first person singular]
- 1 [reflexive] Used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself as the object of a verb or preposition when he or she is the subject of the clause: I hurt myself by accident I strolled around, muttering to myselfMore example sentences
- And yet part of me worries that to see myself as the subject of my own life story is in some way selfish.
- So when I was younger I bought some books on wine and educated myself on the subject.
- If I fall and hurt myself on an iced pavement I will sue this Council till their eyes water.
- 2 [emphatic] I or me personally (used to emphasize the speaker): I myself am unsure how this problem should be handled I wrote it myselfMore example sentences
- The main objection to prostitution by most people, myself included, is a moral one.
- I would write myself but apparently, it's very frowned upon to ask on your own behalf.
- It was tempting to write this review myself in what is supposed to pass for Scots.