Definition of mythological in English:
Relating to, based on, or appearing in myths or mythology: the tree of life is one of the oldest of all mythological symbols
More example sentences
- Other planets have been named after ancient myths and mythological beings.
- By the early 1970s, wooden mythological figurines began to appear in his shop window between his kidneys and his chops.
- At the moment there are around 350 pieces housed at the historic hall, including four spectacular wall lights each with a different mythological scene.
- Example sentences
- Death also has great symbolic significance, and is represented mythologically by the figure of Mra, the Buddhist devil.
- Other mythologically inspired names are Radha and Krishna, and Ram and Lakhan.
- We do indeed share a common origin, scientifically and mythologically.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan