1.1Create or promote an exaggerated or idealized image of: much of his life was devoted to mythologizing his own career
More example sentences
- The first is simply that precise thinking about history is always better than mythologizing the past.
- And although your father's career has been less mythologized, he is obviously someone who worked very hard to become a successful actor.
- Freedland drew many comparisons: both Rome and the US have promoted a cult of personality of the leader, seeking to mythologise the legitimacy of empire in founding myths.
- More example sentences
- The effect has been to objectify these occupations and give short shrift to their mythologizers.
- Even now, when interviewing astute observers of the region, it becomes rapidly clear that to talk about the South is to speak with southern mythologizers, southern debunkers, southern redeemers, and southern reinventors.
- Victor and Adrian are already defeated, but they function as mythologizers and this is a crucial role in the maintenance of a sustaining sense of Indian identity.
Definition of mythologize in:
- The US English dictionary