Definition of mythologize in English:
1.1Create or promote an exaggerated or idealized image of: much of his life was devoted to mythologizing his own career
More example sentences
- The first is simply that precise thinking about history is always better than mythologizing the past.
- And although your father's career has been less mythologized, he is obviously someone who worked very hard to become a successful actor.
- Freedland drew many comparisons: both Rome and the US have promoted a cult of personality of the leader, seeking to mythologise the legitimacy of empire in founding myths.
- Example sentences
- The effect has been to objectify these occupations and give short shrift to their mythologizers.
- Even now, when interviewing astute observers of the region, it becomes rapidly clear that to talk about the South is to speak with southern mythologizers, southern debunkers, southern redeemers, and southern reinventors.
- Victor and Adrian are already defeated, but they function as mythologizers and this is a crucial role in the maintenance of a sustaining sense of Indian identity.
Definition of mythologize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan