An abnormal or pathological tendency to exaggerate or tell lies.
- Therefore psychologists treat a man suffering from mythomania by confronting him with facts.
- In short, what the song would seem to indicate upon a first listening is the self-pity and grand mythomania of the long-term drug addict.
- If anything, Wells's work is an understatement, because Ellsberg is beyond mythomania.
- Example sentences
- He learns that Sheikh has a terrifying laugh, that he is a mythomaniac who uses pseudonyms, first telling Pearl that his name is Bashir, then Shabir.
- The daily newspaper Le Figaro quoted an unidentified source close to the woman as saying she was a ‘mythomaniac’.
- But maybe there's something just a little bit mad about these people, a little bit mythomaniac about them.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: mytho|mania
Definition of mythomania in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.