- another term for firn.More example sentences
- The névé was the result of sustained periods of heavy snow followed by freezing conditions that progressively built steep ice walls.
- I hear water rushing beneath the névé, then we come to little rivers of runoff.
- ‘Ice, névé, hard pack, wind slab, deep crud and porridge - you'll find every type of snow condition in Scotland, often within the space of a few turns,’ Jaz said, planting his pole vigorously to test the snow around him.
mid 19th century: from Swiss French, literally 'glacier', based on Latin nix, niv- 'snow'.
More definitions of névéDefinition of névé in:
- The US English dictionary