nounUS • informal
- 1A neighbourhood.More example sentences
- But I don't want you to think that I am mentioning this simply to go into some annoying rant about the ‘Good old days’ of the nabe, about gentrification, about progress.
- He made it back to Fells Point by dusk, and humped the Gibson case up the narrow turns of the stairway to his third floor apartment, which he was lucky to have, given the rush of gentrification round the nabe.
- On Bloor Street alone, between Borden and Lansdowne, there were seven nabes: the Bloor, Midtown, Alhambra, Kenwood, Paradise, Metro and Doric.
- 1.1A local cinema.More example sentences
- In the '40s, the pre-TV days, Toronto had over 150 neighbourhood cinemas, or ‘nabes.’
More definitions of nabeDefinition of nabe in:
- The US English dictionary