- 1A streamlined casing on the outside of an aircraft or motor vehicle, especially one housing an aircraft engine: a grey aircraft with NAVY painted on the engine nacellesMore example sentences
- The center section of the wing, installed beneath the fuselage, carried the two engine nacelles and the retractable landing gear.
- I could clearly see his engine nacelles, fuselage, wings and tail in the dark.
- Oil and fuel coming from three failed cylinders created a fire on the outboard side of the engine nacelle.
early 20th century (originally denoting the car of an airship): from French, from late Latin navicella, diminutive of Latin navis 'ship'.
More definitions of nacelleDefinition of nacelle in:
- The US English dictionary