- Causing great anxiety or tension: a nail-biting final gameMore example sentences
- Dorking will have to endure a nail-biting final game of the season.
- Months of anxious waiting and nail-biting tension came to an end this week for more than 2000 local students who were anxiously awaiting the big occasion.
- They had to endure almost constant second half pressure, wasting countless opportunities to ease the nail-biting tension and, quite frankly, inviting trouble.
More definitions of nail-bitingDefinition of nail-biting in:
- The US English dictionary