- A strip of roughened metal or an emery board used for smoothing and shaping the fingernails and toenails.More example sentences
- There, she stuck her hand underneath the table and felt around until she found her ‘tools’, which consisted of a small metal tray and a nail file.
- Make sure that all dirt trapped under the toenails are thoroughly removed using the tip of the nail file.
- Her fingers found the sharp nail file she kept in her pocket.
More definitions of nail fileDefinition of nail file in:
- The US English dictionary