- 1chiefly • historical A maker of nails.More example sentences
- The village of Cloone in 1901 was full of taillers, nailers, dress-makes and part-time farmers which the author recalls.
- 2A power tool for inserting nails.More example sentences
- When nailing some of the denser woods with hand or air nailers, installers may encounter splitting tongues, as well as failure to secure the fastener even after repeated attempts.
- Another interesting joinery detail is the use of angled supports through mortised and wedged into the end joists as nailers for the interior cornice.
- All joints must be glued and the trim fastened with brads, preferably using pneumatic nailers, which leave very small fastener holes.
- More example sentences
- By the time the War of 1812 cut off the shipment of nailrod, the nailery had ceased to be a profitmaking operation.
- The nailery was quite profitable in its early years, supplying nails throughout Albemarle and Augusta counties.
- Renovations to the house slowed, supplies for the nailery were disrupted, and he had to arrange for the sale of his crops through intermediaries.
More definitions of nailerDefinition of nailer in:
- The US English dictionary