Definition of nailer in English:
2A power tool for inserting nails.
- When nailing some of the denser woods with hand or air nailers, installers may encounter splitting tongues, as well as failure to secure the fastener even after repeated attempts.
- Another interesting joinery detail is the use of angled supports through mortised and wedged into the end joists as nailers for the interior cornice.
- All joints must be glued and the trim fastened with brads, preferably using pneumatic nailers, which leave very small fastener holes.
- Example sentences
- By the time the War of 1812 cut off the shipment of nailrod, the nailery had ceased to be a profitmaking operation.
- The nailery was quite profitable in its early years, supplying nails throughout Albemarle and Augusta counties.
- Renovations to the house slowed, supplies for the nailery were disrupted, and he had to arrange for the sale of his crops through intermediaries.
Definition of nailer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan