2A power tool for inserting nails.
More example sentences
- When nailing some of the denser woods with hand or air nailers, installers may encounter splitting tongues, as well as failure to secure the fastener even after repeated attempts.
- Another interesting joinery detail is the use of angled supports through mortised and wedged into the end joists as nailers for the interior cornice.
- All joints must be glued and the trim fastened with brads, preferably using pneumatic nailers, which leave very small fastener holes.
- More example sentences
- By the time the War of 1812 cut off the shipment of nailrod, the nailery had ceased to be a profitmaking operation.
- The nailery was quite profitable in its early years, supplying nails throughout Albemarle and Augusta counties.
- Renovations to the house slowed, supplies for the nailery were disrupted, and he had to arrange for the sale of his crops through intermediaries.
Definition of nailer in:
- The US English dictionary