- (In Thai cuisine) a thin, pungent sauce made from fermented fish.More example sentences
- In Vietnam, it is called nuoc nam, in Thailand, nam pla, and in the Philippines, patis.
- Stir in the coconut milk, lime zest or leaves, nam pla, peppercorns and half the herbs.
- Pour in enough miso or stock to cover, shake in a good measure of tamari or soy sauce, a drop or two of nam pla and sherry, stir and cover.
Thai, from nam 'water' and pla 'fish'.
More definitions of nam plaDefinition of nam pla in:
- The US English dictionary