- A traditional Indian greeting or gesture of respect, made by bringing the palms together before the face or chest and bowing: [as exclamation]: ‘Namaskar Laxmanji!’More example sentences
- And as we parted, with a goodbye, a clasp of hands, a namaskar - I felt we had made a connection.
- The mahout bowed to the Goddess, hands arched in the gesture of namaskar, then began circling the shrine followed by the cymbal-clashers and the trumpet blowers.
- Returning the namaskar Vishakhsen said, ‘Oho how fortunate that on this difficult path I could meet my dear friend.’
via Hindi from Sanskrit namaskāra, from namas 'bowing' + kāra 'action'.
More definitions of namaskarDefinition of namaskar in:
- The US English dictionary