- Arrange a date for a specific occasion, especially a wedding: we knew in our hearts they were ready to name the dayMore example sentences
- To be honest we've been so busy that we never really got round to naming the day before.
- The Government have given one sweetener and are hopeful of giving another before it names the day, but in politics you never know.
- The Prime Minister has named the day as September the 17th - just a week shy of the last possible election date.
More definitions of name the dayDefinition of name the day in:
- The US English dictionary