- 1A plate or sign attached to something and bearing the name of the owner, occupier, maker, or the thing itself: a brass nameplate adorned the publisher’s deskMore example sentences
- There was a brass nameplate with the name Diane Brown on it and a black and white picture of a young woman and a rather handsome young man on what must have been their wedding day.
- York took a moment to note the name on his brass nameplate before standing up.
- She said orders have been issued for Urdu nameplates and route plates which will be seen very soon.
- 2US The brand name or marque of a motor vehicle.More example sentences
- More than 50 sport-utility vehicle nameplates currently fight for consumers' minds and monies.
- Over 50 SUV nameplates are now gunning for it in the U.S. market.
- Navigation systems are installed on 22 different nameplates while HID headlamps are on only 13.
More definitions of nameplateDefinition of nameplate in:
- The US English dictionary