Definition of nameplate in English:
1A plate or sign attached to something and bearing the name of the owner, occupier, maker, or the thing itself: a brass nameplate adorned the publisher’s desk
More example sentences
- There was a brass nameplate with the name Diane Brown on it and a black and white picture of a young woman and a rather handsome young man on what must have been their wedding day.
- York took a moment to note the name on his brass nameplate before standing up.
- She said orders have been issued for Urdu nameplates and route plates which will be seen very soon.
2US The brand name or marque of a motor vehicle.
- More than 50 sport-utility vehicle nameplates currently fight for consumers' minds and monies.
- Over 50 SUV nameplates are now gunning for it in the U.S. market.
- Navigation systems are installed on 22 different nameplates while HID headlamps are on only 13.
Words that rhyme with nameplatebreastplate • faceplate
Definition of nameplate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan