- 1A traditional African folk tale about Anancy the spider, who overcomes others by cunning.More example sentences
- So for me, nancy stories have always had a humorous air of winking at the audience, as though the storyteller's saying, ‘we all know people like this, but let's not name any names.’
- Only Mike and nancy stories are consistently worth watching for.
- 1.1An elaborate evasive story or lie: the minister had left the country and so could not give his side of the nancy storyMore example sentences
- ‘I do not find it strange that he and his kind will seek to create his own nancy stories.’
nancy, shortening of Anancy, from Akan ananse 'spider'.