An evergreen East Asian shrub that resembles bamboo, cultivated for its foliage, which turns red or bronze in autumn. Also called celestial bamboo, sacred bamboo.
- Nandina domestica, family Berberidaceae
More example sentences
- They placed shrubs-roses, azaleas, altheas, forsythia, crepe myrtle, spirea, camellias, nandina, and wild honeysuckle-throughout the yard.
- Outside the dining-room window, a tiered fountain bubbles in a shady entry garden with nandina, butterfly iris, camellias, ferns and hostas.
- Wrap large bundles of nandina berries with florist's tape, add a bow and hang on a door, newel post or mailbox.
Definition of nandina in:
- The US English dictionary