noun (plural nannygais)
- The redfish of Australia.
More example sentences
- Centroberyx affinis, family Berycidae
- In Australia redfish has become the official name of the nannygai.
- The deeper water has seen small-mouth and large-mouth nannygai in good numbers and of good quality.
- Further west there are thousands of small nannygais in between the rocks just off the reef.
late 19th century: from a New South Wales Aboriginal language.
More definitions of nannygaiDefinition of nannygai in:
- The US English dictionary