- The quality or condition of presenting a narrative: music has developed a narrativity which lends it the character of languageMore example sentences
- What emerges by the end is an acute awareness on the part of the reader of the presence of narrativity and its unavoidable role in all forms of historical discourse.
- It is a mark of the novel's broad, objective narrativity that while the narrator enumerates the story's representative features, the characters themselves have little sense of their typicality.
- A Novel reader might ask if the Scottish novel pushed the new narrativity that is the postmodern novel.
1970s: from French narrativité.
More definitions of narrativityDefinition of narrativity in:
- The US English dictionary