- A railway gauge which is narrower than the standard gauge of 4 ft 8 1/ 2 inches (1.435 m).More example sentences
- Their subject is the narrow gauge railway that for 70 years connected the coal mines at Cliff Top with the coke ovens at Sewell.
- The equipment of the narrow gauge railway once thought to be quite adequate for the traffic to be handled soon proved to be very inadequate.
- These narrow gauge steam railways have the charm of old-time steam engines, some dating back over 100 years!
More definitions of narrow gaugeDefinition of narrow gauge in:
- The US English dictionary