- An area of countryside, or occasionally sea or fresh water, protected by the state for the enjoyment of the general public or the preservation of wildlife: commercial exploitation of natural resources in a national park is illegalMore example sentences
- Also subject to public control are the national parks and nature reserves.
- Finally, it must be remembered that this is a site in a conservation area in a national park.
- That could lead to development destructive to wilderness areas and even national parks.
More definitions of national parkDefinition of national park in:
- The US English dictionary