Having strong patriotic feelings, especially a belief in the superiority of one’s own country over others: he was fiercely nationalistic nationalistic pride
More example sentences
- The political movement in which it was based became increasingly nationalistic and isolationist.
- They said it was nationalistic, jingoistic, imperialistic and represented a bad and unjust past.
- His nationalistic tone and speeches against the European Union became ever louder.
- Example sentences
- Meanwhile, groups that behave nationalistically reap the group-specific benefits of behaving in the insular way that nationalism encourages.
- Not much moral sensitivity is needed to appreciate that, and poetry is seldom improved by stating the obvious, especially when it is nationalistically self-serving.
- I get almost nationalistically proud when I say that any other country with similar economic and social circumstances would not have done better.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: na¦tion¦al|is¦tic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.