noun (plural nationalities)
- 1 [mass noun] The status of belonging to a particular nation: men of Spanish nationality [count noun]: the tapestry was created by women of all nationalitiesMore example sentences
- They can be obtained to show that administrative orders and notices are invalid, or exempt from taxation, or for confirming matters of marital status and nationality.
- The former will prohibit any discrimination based on gender, contracted workers' status, nationality, disability and old-school ties.
- They belong to everyone without distinction as to sex, marital status, race or nationality.
- 2An ethnic group forming a part of one or more political nations: all the main nationalities of EthiopiaMore example sentences
- It should be obvious that the diverse ethnic groups and nationalities that call themselves Muslims are not of one mind.
- This is a country which is composed of all sorts of sects, religion, nationalities and ethnic minorities.
- It has made colleagues of staff from different nationalities, cultures, ethnic backgrounds and religions.