noun[mass noun] Physiology
- Excretion of sodium in the urine.More example sentences
- The kallikrein kinin system forms bradykinin, resulting in both natriuresis and vasodilatation, and stimulates the production of prostaglandins
- The use of ACE inhibitors to block the breakdown of bradykinin also promotes vasodilation, natriuresis, and a beneficial effect on cardiac remodeling.
- In healthy persons, sodium loading increases extracellular fluid volume and EABV, resulting in prompt natriuresis and restoration of normal volumes.
- More example sentences
- Although C-type natriuretic peptide lacks natriuretic action, it has marked vasodilatory and growth-inhibiting properties.
- Better prognosis has been documented in patients with CHF being treated with diuretics and vasodilators when the b-type natriuretic peptide level decreases.
- Significant falls occurred in plasma brain natriuretic peptide and urinary metadrenaline excretion.
1950s: from natron + Greek ourēsis 'urination'.
More definitions of natriuresisDefinition of natriuresis in:
- The US English dictionary