Definition of natriuresis in English:
noun[mass noun] Physiology
Excretion of sodium in the urine.
- The kallikrein kinin system forms bradykinin, resulting in both natriuresis and vasodilatation, and stimulates the production of prostaglandins
- The use of ACE inhibitors to block the breakdown of bradykinin also promotes vasodilation, natriuresis, and a beneficial effect on cardiac remodeling.
- In healthy persons, sodium loading increases extracellular fluid volume and EABV, resulting in prompt natriuresis and restoration of normal volumes.
- Example sentences
- Although C-type natriuretic peptide lacks natriuretic action, it has marked vasodilatory and growth-inhibiting properties.
- Better prognosis has been documented in patients with CHF being treated with diuretics and vasodilators when the b-type natriuretic peptide level decreases.
- Significant falls occurred in plasma brain natriuretic peptide and urinary metadrenaline excretion.
Definition of natriuresis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia