- A scientific classification according to features which are held to be objectively significant, rather than being selected for convenience.More example sentences
- Professional taxonomists have always recognized this inequality among systems of naming by proclaiming the search for a natural classification as the goal of their science.
- This and other problems have hamstrung psychiatrists' efforts throughout history to agree on a truly natural classification of mental disorders.
- The systems approach to the treatment of accumulated classification material holds a special position among the ways, methods and rules, which must certainly be realized in a natural classification.
More definitions of natural classificationDefinition of natural classification in:
- The US English dictionary