- 1 [mass noun] A body of unchanging moral principles regarded as a basis for all human conduct: an adjudication based on natural lawMore example sentences
- Moral philosophy reposes on natural law precepts as common presuppositions, but its advice will be true only in the main.
- Just War teaching is a derivation of basic moral principles from natural law.
- If history is divided into divine history, natural history, and human history, then law can be divided into natural law, human law, the laws of nations, public law, and civil law.
- 2An observable law relating to natural phenomena: the natural laws of perspectiveMore example sentences
- They showed that the basic building blocks of life, amino acids, can be obtained from purely chemical elements by natural laws without intelligent intervention.
- Many scientists believe homeopathy violates natural laws, and thus any effect must be a placebo effect - the power of a patient's beliefs to influence treatment results.
- I still have a strong interest in any phenomena that would violate our known natural laws of physics and redefine our understanding of our universe.
More definitions of natural lawDefinition of natural law in:
- The US English dictionary