- A method of producing a print of a natural object (such as a leaf) or a textile by making an impression of it directly on to a soft metal printing plate under great pressure and then taking an inked impression on paper.More example sentences
- She observed that ‘even Leonardo da Vinci was fascinated by nature printing and left many prints in his 15th-century notebooks.’
- In the 19th century the technique of nature printing was a popular means of botanical illustration.
- In a sense, nature itself provides the artistic detail as revealed through the nature printing medium.
More definitions of nature printingDefinition of nature printing in:
- The US English dictionary