Definition of nautical in English:
Of or concerning navigation, sailors, or the sea; maritime: nautical charts
More example sentences
- Therefore many sailors would tattoo nautical stars on their forearms as a good luck symbol in hopes of returning home.
- The earliest printed cards sported a nautical theme directed at sailors, who were heavy tobacco users.
- The increasing importance of astronomy in nautical navigation required further experiments.
- Example sentences
- Or, if you're nautically inclined, you could board a big river cruise boat.
- The restaurant is nautically themed, solidly fitted out as different decks with lots of yacht varnished wood.
- The marine industry, the marine leisure sector and marine tourism are ‘riding the crest of a wave’, nautically speaking.
Words that rhyme with nauticalaeronautical, vortical
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.