- A unit used in measuring distances at sea, equal to 1,852 metres (approximately 2,025 yards). Compare with sea mile.More example sentences
- Ten nautical miles equals around 11.7 land-based miles, the court was told.
- The distance between Christmas Island and the southern entrance to the Sunda Strait is approximately 240 nautical miles.
- With 17 days and nights at sea, the competitors in this high sea sprint cover approximately 2000 nautical miles.
More definitions of nautical mileDefinition of nautical mile in:
- The US English dictionary