Definition of naval in English:
Relating to a navy or navies: a naval base a naval officer
More example sentences
- I would like to study about the naval history between the Japanese and the Royal Navy.
- He is also an avid historian and often conducts tours of the historical naval base.
- The harbour at Suda Bay was the largest in the Mediterranean Sea and an ideal base for naval operations.
late Middle English: from Latin navalis, from navis 'ship'.
- Example sentences
- At that time Britain led the world economically, technologically and militarily (or at least navally).
- One member to revolt was Thasos, a rich and navally powerful island which controlled parts of nearby Thrace.
- At that time, England was navally inferior to Holland.
Words that rhyme with navalnavel
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan