Definition of naval in English:
Relating to a navy or navies: a naval base a naval officer
More example sentences
- I would like to study about the naval history between the Japanese and the Royal Navy.
- He is also an avid historian and often conducts tours of the historical naval base.
- The harbour at Suda Bay was the largest in the Mediterranean Sea and an ideal base for naval operations.
late Middle English: from Latin navalis, from navis 'ship'.
- Example sentences
- At that time Britain led the world economically, technologically and militarily (or at least navally).
- One member to revolt was Thasos, a rich and navally powerful island which controlled parts of nearby Thrace.
- At that time, England was navally inferior to Holland.