Definition of naval architecture in English:
The activity or profession of designing ships.
- He is president of a consulting engineering firm that provides naval architecture and marine engineering services.
- A professor in the department of naval architecture and ocean engineering said the cut will lead to an immense increase in tuition fees.
- He continued his lifelong interest in boat design and naval architecture by renovating the Gemini II.
naval architect noun
- Example sentences
- In each issue, we'll feature a review of one powerboat and one sailboat by a noted naval architect and surveyor.
- Even after a panel of naval architects approved some prototype vessels, he moved cautiously.
- The new pictures show the basic design which naval architects expect to be approved in the summer.
Definition of naval architecture in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.