Definition of naval architecture in English:
The activity or profession of designing ships.
- He is president of a consulting engineering firm that provides naval architecture and marine engineering services.
- A professor in the department of naval architecture and ocean engineering said the cut will lead to an immense increase in tuition fees.
- He continued his lifelong interest in boat design and naval architecture by renovating the Gemini II.
naval architect noun
- Example sentences
- In each issue, we'll feature a review of one powerboat and one sailboat by a noted naval architect and surveyor.
- Even after a panel of naval architects approved some prototype vessels, he moved cautiously.
- The new pictures show the basic design which naval architects expect to be approved in the summer.
Definition of naval architecture in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan