- A large seedless orange of a variety which has a navel-like depression at the top containing a small secondary fruit.More example sentences
- Some hybrids remain successful; to wit, the mule, the California navel orange and several other fruits and vegetables.
- Then the West received, as an import from Brazil, the navel orange, aptly named for the little depression which adorns the orange's blossom end, and which contains the very few seeds which each fruit carries.
- Growing until it was the size of a large bird egg, then to the size of a navel orange.
More definitions of navel orangeDefinition of navel orange in:
- The US English dictionary