- (In the US) a shipyard for the construction, repair, and equipping of naval vessels.More example sentences
- Had he returned, he could have leveled the navy yard's support facilities, thereby destroying the Navy's industrial capacity and setting back salvage operations.
- It remained up to the naval commander, whether or not to give half the crew liberty during a port call (three-quarters if anchored in a navy yard).
- A fleet was built up to shepherd merchant ships to and fro across the Atlantic and protect them from pirates, and the Casa ran its own navy yard.
More definitions of navy yardDefinition of navy yard in:
- The US English dictionary