verb (past and past participle naysaid)[with object] chiefly US
Say no to; deny or oppose: I’m not going to naysay anything he does
More example sentences
- The auto industry loves the federal handout, and environmentalists have a hard time naysaying any plan that encourages hydrogen, since they heartily endorse the technology too.
- He's is pretty much naysaying the strategic importance of the IT sector.
- From what I hear most of the usual naysaying pundits are rather hopeful about him.
- Example sentences
- And the naysayers, once exposed to my blog, can't resist the urge to rant and fume about me in posts on their own blogs.
- A few naysayers like to disparage our system of mass communications.
- This is a significant step, and don't let naysayers tell you otherwise.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: nay¦say
Definition of naysay in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.