Definition of naysay in English:
verb (past and past participle naysaid)[with object] chiefly US
Say no to; deny or oppose: I’m not going to naysay anything he does
More example sentences
- The auto industry loves the federal handout, and environmentalists have a hard time naysaying any plan that encourages hydrogen, since they heartily endorse the technology too.
- He's is pretty much naysaying the strategic importance of the IT sector.
- From what I hear most of the usual naysaying pundits are rather hopeful about him.
- Example sentences
- And the naysayers, once exposed to my blog, can't resist the urge to rant and fume about me in posts on their own blogs.
- A few naysayers like to disparage our system of mass communications.
- This is a significant step, and don't let naysayers tell you otherwise.
Words that rhyme with naysayessay
Definition of naysay in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan