- A wind of force 7 on the Beaufort scale (28-33 knots or 51-62 km/h).More example sentences
- They were almost level under the final three sections under the two giant oak trees that shuddered and shook in the near gale force north east winds.
- They gave a stirring performance right from the throw-in and made full use of the near gale force wind which assisted them in the opening half - at the end of which they enjoyed a six-point advantage.
- In near gale force winds scores soared as players had to contend with hard, firm greens in addition to the blustery conditions.
More definitions of near galeDefinition of near gale in:
- The US English dictionary