- Relating to or denoting the region of the sea or seabed relatively close to a shore.More example sentences
- The Kelvin wave, the dominant component of the internal wave field, was responsible for alongshore velocities in the nearshore regions.
- The nearshore habitat of this region is characterized by numerous bays and passages with shallow shelf habitat
- This site has yielded a relatively well-preserved and diverse nearshore marine vertebrate fauna consisting of sharks, rays, bony fishes, reptiles, and whales.
More definitions of nearshoreDefinition of nearshore in:
- The US English dictionary