Definition of nebulizer in English:
A device for producing a fine spray of liquid, used for example for inhaling a medicinal drug: he needs to use a nebulizer to get drugs and oxygen to his lungs
More example sentences
- In the phase 2 study, children use a nebulizer to inhale cisplatin, a standard cancer drug that has been specially encapsulated in protective fatty protein bubbles.
- A nebulizer machine turns liquid medicine into a vapor (like a cloud) that you can breathe.
- Because the drugs mentioned above are far more expensive than bronchodilator solutions, wastage of drug in a nebulizer needs to be minimized.
nebulize (also nebulise) verb
- Example sentences
- He was transferred to an acute medical ward but continued to deteriorate despite receiving nebulised bronchodilators, intravenous hydrocortisone, aminophylline, and antibiotics.
- All subjects were premedicated with 2 mg nebulized terbutaline.
- His symptoms responded well to nebulised salbutamol.
Definition of nebulizer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia