- Divided or edged with a line formed of deeply interlocking curves.More example sentences
- Certainly on his seal, Robert's shield showed the nebuly line pattern, and in no fewer than seven rows.
- The blue nebuly chief alludes to the sky and denotes the aviation function of the unit.
- The blue in the chief represents the heavens and the parting line nebuly the clouds.
mid 16th century: from French nébulé, from medieval Latin nebulatus 'clouded' (the curves being thought of as representing clouds), from Latin nebula 'mist'.
More definitions of nebulyDefinition of nebuly in:
- The US English dictionary