noun & adjective
another term for necessitarian.
More example sentences
- He asserted free will and preferred to call himself a necessarian, holding a doctrine that directly links causes to their effects and presumes that the same mechanical laws that worked in the physical order also worked in the human.
- The necessarian on the contrary employs real antecedents, and has a right to expect real effects.
- Stevens and Whorf were necessarians of imagination.
- More example sentences
- In particular, he attacked the notion of ‘constraint’ suggested in the words necessity and necessarianism, whereas only sequence is affirmed.
Definition of necessarian in:
- The US English dictionary