Definition of necklace in English:
1An ornamental chain or string of beads, jewels, or links worn round the neck: a diamond necklace figurative the harbour with its necklace of lights
More example sentences
- Patrick has black spiky hair and wears a beaded necklace around his neck.
- She placed her favorite gold necklace around her neck.
- She wore a matching pearl necklace and had a dark complexion with bright brown eyes.
verb[with object] Back to top
(In South Africa) kill (someone) with a tyre necklace.
- The angry residents, definitely frustrated with the law enforcement approach to their distress calls, after slaughtering the bandits, even necklaced the corpses with tyres so that they could torch them.
- ‘And in some ways the fear is that you will be necklaced here,’ he noted, ‘[that] you will have a flaming tire of lack of patriotism put around your neck.’
- To this, Rasulullah replied, ‘If you wish to be necklaced with a garland of fire, you may accept it.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.