- 1The supposed practice of communicating with the dead, especially in order to predict the future: alchemy, necromancy, and other magic practicesMore example sentences
- Because necromancy has been practiced in many cultures, it includes a variety of techniques.
- Some theurgical workings will incorporate elements of thaumaturgy, and divination may include necromancy while today's alchemist may bring in elements of all the other forms.
- I tried explaining why she shouldn't talk about or practice necromancy.
- 1.1Witchcraft, sorcery, or black magic in general.More example sentences
- There is the obvious addition of the black magics that come with allowing necromancy into your blood; this magic varies from necromancer to necromancer, but most have a few magical traits in common.
- But this magic has a tendency to turn to necromancy when computers break down.
- The so-called science of poll-taking is not a science at all, but mere necromancy.
- More example sentences
- Using your necromantic magic, you are in eternal youth, and as such, you can't die of age.
- The more you use the magic you have, necromantic or not, the faster it will kill you.
- The great renaissance magi strenuously disavowed necromantic practices, but most scholars suspect the magi owed a good deal more to the tradition than they admitted.