Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of needler in English:
1A person who annoys or antagonizes another.
- People think I'm a great needler, but Jack can do a little needling himself.
- Fingers was a great needler, and he stayed on the driver the whole time.
2(In science fiction) a weapon that fires needlelike projectiles.
- He heard a woman's defiant shout, followed by the sound of a needler firing.
- The needlers have returned as well, and while they were significantly weaker in the first Halo, they've become much more effective and damaging in Halo 2.
- Dual needlers produce a cool effect but it's still no match for a well-thrown plasma grenade.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.