Definition of needless in English:
(Of something undesirable) not necessary because avoidable: I deplore needless waste
More example sentences
- Have compassion for all beings, causing them no unnecessary hurt, nor needless harm.
- Frankly I can't afford to go wasting fifteen quid on something as needless as this.
- Please improve the quality of your paper by removing this needless source of controversy from its pages.
- 1needless to say
- Of course: needless to say, he didn’t believe meMore example sentences
- We were in a joint family then and needless to say, it was good fun.
- And, needless to say, shortly after he began to believe me, he went away.
- So needless to say, there were a lot of jokes about spies and so on.
- Example sentences
- Indeed, the lunatic profligacy of the enterprise - its needlessness, its expense in lives, money and reputation - was for them the best argument in its favor.
- Rushabh Sadiwala writes about the needlessness of religion
- The better it is, the more it reminds me of all that I said above, and the needlessness of it, which invariably fouls my mood for the morning.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.