A tropical Old World tree, which yields timber resembling mahogany, oil, medicinal products, and insecticide.
- Azadirachta indica, family Meliaceae
More example sentences
- For instance, in the International Airport area, trees such as neem, tamarind, casuarina and ficus, which absorb sound extremely well, are recommended.
- You may find some help from a product containing neem, malathion or dormant oil.
- On one side was the semul tree, the branches of the chameli adorned the verandah, the kachnar and mango trees in front, an all-season lemon tree and of course, the neem.
early 19th century: via Hindi from Sanskrit nimba.
More definitions of neemDefinition of neem in:
- The US English dictionary