nounScottish & Northern English
- A turnip: haggis and neepsMore example sentences
- One well-known dish in which they have a prominent part is the Scottish neep purry or bashed neeps which are traditionally served with haggis.
- Granny Lean's Cornish pasties contained layers of carrots, neeps, potatoes and onions.
- They were followed by Scotch broth, venison casserole, haggis with neeps and tatties, farmhouse cheese and oatcakes, roast lamb, clootie dumplings and baked salmon.
Old English nǣp, from Latin napus.
More definitions of neepDefinition of neep in:
- The US English dictionary