Definition of negentropic in English:
Of or characterized by a reduction in entropy (and corresponding increase in order).
- In the following period of evolution, which can last several hundred or even thousand ka, soils degrade in regard to nutrient supply but species diversity keeps increasing for negentropic reasons.
- The effectiveness of these negentropic processes is further enhanced by most efficient entropy fluxes related to the transpiration and nocturnal respiration of plants.
- It is a negentropic force that, while not the inverse of entropy, counteracts entropy by generating new states of order and higher complexity in the universe.
- Example sentences
- In other words they provide a sudden increase in free energy or negentropy that dissipates unevenly through the formation of systems that feed off negative entropy - life.
- So, we start with a fuzzy conception that ‘entropy is disorder, information is order’; we add the existence of the term negentropy for ‘negative entropy’, identified by Schrödinger as ‘what an organism feeds upon’.
- The traditional view of the Net of Religion - as an attempt at complete organization and categorization - is in keeping with current views on both entropy and negentropy.
Definition of negentropic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia