Definition of negotiation in English:
1 (also negotiations) Discussion aimed at reaching an agreement: a worldwide ban is currently under negotiation negotiations between unions and employers
More example sentences
- It took five months of negotiations between the two parties to have the agreement in place.
- The road map calls for negotiations between the two sides, leading to a two-state solution.
- Final figures are still subject to negotiations between museum chiefs and the Treasury.
mediation, arbitration, intercession, conciliation;
working out, discussing the terms of, arrangement, arranging, thrashing out, hammering out, brokering;
2The action or process of transferring legal ownership of a document.
- A detailed review of the lease negotiation is necessary to determine this issue.
- Transfer or negotiation is easiest where the bill is payable to bearer.
- The venture was not a success and the next year both parties embarked on a process of negotiation for the domains.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.