Definition of negotiation in English:
1 (also negotiations) Discussion aimed at reaching an agreement: a worldwide ban is currently under negotiation negotiations between unions and employers
More example sentences
- It took five months of negotiations between the two parties to have the agreement in place.
- The road map calls for negotiations between the two sides, leading to a two-state solution.
- Final figures are still subject to negotiations between museum chiefs and the Treasury.
mediation, arbitration, intercession, conciliation;
working out, discussing the terms of, arrangement, arranging, thrashing out, hammering out, brokering;
2The action or process of transferring legal ownership of a document.
- A detailed review of the lease negotiation is necessary to determine this issue.
- Transfer or negotiation is easiest where the bill is payable to bearer.
- The venture was not a success and the next year both parties embarked on a process of negotiation for the domains.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan